Wednesday 7 February 2018

DT Inspiration - Using those little stamps ...

Hi! It's Deborah here with you today. When I booked today's slot, I had something completely different in mind - I was going to use stencils, but after Sarah and Izzy posts, I thought I'd do something different. 😊

I didn't quite know what to do, but I was watching Jennifer McGuire's video about stamp and ink layered backgrounds on Monday and decided to base my cards on her technique.

I made a set of four very clean, simple Christmas cards - it's never too early to get started on your stash!





I started by stamping the Falling Snowflakes Background Block in white pigment ink all over several pieces of white card. I heat set them all, inked the backgrounds with Distress ink and heat set them again. I made panels in green, turquoise, pink and purple. I used a die to cut Christmas trees from each panel and then used lots of the little images from my Christmas stamps sets to overstamp the panels using white ink - if you watch Jennifer's video you'll see the technique. It's very easy and lots of fun. I added dimensional foam to the back of each tree and adhered them to the cards. I stamped a Christmas greeting on two of the cards and on the other two, I added little sentiment strips. I finished all the cards by adding lots and lots of clear gems. I've not done the insides yet. Here's a close up photo of the stamping and inking on the purple tree:


The next two cards have a more 'loving' theme. They're not strictly Valentine's cards, but they will be going to some special folk. The first card is probably more a traditional Valentine as it's pink, red and features lots of hearts:


I kept it simple to allow the stamped and inked heart to be the main focus, along with the lovely sentiment 'hugs' from Big & Bold Hugs.

Next is another heart card, but this time in shades of green. The words are from Pure Florals Rose. I tied the two words together with the addition of the hand-drawn heart so that I could cut it out with my Scan'N'Cut:


As before, I've not completed the inside yet. But here's a close-up photo of the green heart and embossed background:


I hope you've enjoyed my take on Jennifer's technique. I had so much fun playing will all the little stamps from many different sets.  Thanks so much for stopping by.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely cards! The details on the Christmas tree are great! Would love to check this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah these are delicious! Love your dreamy Christmas colours and well done getting ahead with those. I also watched JM's video with this technique and you've brought it to life again with amazing talent. Those hearts just pop too against all that white embossed background. Great DT post and thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Deborah! What a wonderful technique and stunning array of cards you have created. Thank you for this inspiration and introducing me to something new to try. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful array of cards Deborah ! Love this technique and how beautiful are the soft colours you chose ! Very clever to start right now the Christmas cards, no stress at the end of the year ! Have to watch Jennifer's video and have a try. Thanks so much for the fabulous inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated