Monday 16 June 2014

A Cure For The Monday Blues

Hey! 

If you missed my first post HERE today, check it out as I announced the WINNER of the entire June Release. I said I would be back and here I am! I've been MIA for a few days due to being knocked down by a horrible cold going round. Doesn't sound much but colds seem to hit you hard when you're pregnant - or they have me! 

Anyway, this morning I've been catching up on some dreaded office work - accounts! I always seem to put it off, but it's a job I have scheduled in once a month now and I am happy that I am all up to date - YAY! 

So to cure my Monday Blues I decided to have a little inky session and play along with a couple of challenges :) First up is Taheerah's A Cure For the Monday Blues challenge HERE and seen below. 




And this is what I came up with...




I also decided to use the current CAS(E) this Sketch! layout seen HERE and below. From the inspiration photo I was mainly inspired by the polka dots on the napkin and the 3 coloured flowers. Not a colour combination I would normally put together, but I'm fairly pleased with how it's turned out.




I broke out the Hero Arts prism glitter this afternoon as it's been a while since it saw daylight! I added some to the centre of the flowers...




That's all I have for today, but I will be back tomorrow with more to share. Until then, thank you for stopping by today :)

Supplies
Card Stock: White from stash, SU! Soft Sky
Ink: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise & Pure Poppy. VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories: PTI Mat Stack Die, Foam Adhesive & Hero Arts Prisma Glitter

9 comments:

  1. That's one scrumptious card Beverley .... loving all those wonderful vibrant colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my goodness, the "all" you have for today is delightful, gorgeous and awesome! Fabulous colour combination to shwcase the flowers, label, dots and sentiment/ Love this!! Be sure you're getting your rest; those little beans need a healthy mommy! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty nice colours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - I really love the flowers and the sparkle you added to them!! An all-around great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love polka dots (well all kind of cickles at the moment) and these look great! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so pretty! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet take on the sketch, Beverley! Love the colors you chose, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Bev! I love the trio of gorgeous blooms and the polka dot panel! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated