Monday 21 May 2012

Uniko Studio Announcement & May Reveal!

Happy Monday!

I hope you all had a good weekend & I am SO happy you have stopped by the blog today. Today I can make a little BIG announcement which has been quite hard to keep for the past week or so! 

So without further ado I would like to introduce you all to the NEWEST Uniko Studio Design Team member ... 




I'm am really HAPPY & honoured that Gayatri from Australia has joined the Uniko Studio DT. I just know your going to love seeing what Gayatri does using Uniko Studio products as I sure do! Be sure to stop by Gayatri's blog HERE and giver her a warm welcome! 

Now I have made the announcement, how about some Uniko Studio Digital Releases Reveals?! Warning! Long post you may wish to take this opportunity to grab a drink, sit & relax! 

First up is ...


Joyful Butterfly Collection £5.00
Copyright Uniko Studio 2012
www.unikostudio.co.uk


Joyful Butterfly is a digital collection which contains both patterned papers & digital stamps. The collection features 10 patterned papers which co-ordinate with Stampin' Up! colours Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze, Bashful Blue, Basic Grey & Very Vanilla. The papers come in JPG format in the download.

Joyful Butterfly is the first Uniko Studio digital download to contain digital stamps! There are 6 stamps contained in the download which are all images featured in the patterned papers, so they co-ordinate perfectly. The digital stamps contained in the download come as a brush (abr) file and also a transparent PNG file. 

I have a little video later in the post which shows you how to load brushes in Photoshop (appropriate for Photoshop Elements users too)!


Next up is ...


English Country Garden  £4.75
Copyright Uniko Studio 2012
www.unikostudio.co.uk


English Country Garden is a digital stamp collection. The collection contains 2 sentiment stamps and 4 image stamps which come in both the formats mentioned above for the Joyful Butterfly Collection.

The final digital release this month is ...



Classics  £2.00
Copyright Uniko Studio 2012
www.unikostudio.co.uk


Classics is a digital paper collection which features classic patterns such as gingham, plaid and argyle. The collection contains the 6 paper patterns shown in the product swatch above in a classic colour combination red, white and blue! Quite appropriate here in the UK as we prepare for the up coming Diamond Jubilee Celebrations and the Olympics! Again the colours used in the collection co-ordinate with Stampin' Up! colours Pacific Point & Real Red.

Now I've done the introductions how about a couple of projects using some of the digital releases?! 




For this first card I have used the butterfly and one of the sentiments contained in the English Country Garden collection. I started out by opening a new Ps (Photoshop) document and sized it to 14 cm wide by 10 cm high. I then loaded my Butterfly brush chose a size of 500 pixels and stamped the brush in the centre. I then reduced the size of my Butterfly brush to 450 pixels and stamped it either side of the middle butterfly. I then chose my sentiment brush and stamped it in the lower right of the document. 

When I printed my document I also stamped another of the centre Butterflies to colour and cut out. The photo below shows a close up of this ...




For my second card I used English Country Garden again, but this time I used the Chrysanthemum image.




For this card I opened a new Ps document 10 cm x 13.5 cm. I started off by choosing the sentiment stamp and sized it to fit centred on the lower section of the white panel. I then chose the Chrysanthemum brush from the English Country Garden collection and stamped it twice along the right edge so that it over hung the panel. 

After selecting my first colour (Tangerine Tango) I then used my paint bucket tool in Ps to fill the petals of the top flower. I then changed my colour to Daffodil Delight and filled the lower flowers petals. I then printed the section and trimmed to size to adhere to a Baja Breeze CS base. I then printed another Chrysanthemum flower onto one of the patterned papers from Joyful Butterfly and cut the flower out and adhered it to the card using foam adhesive.

For my last card to share with you today I used the Classics digital patterned paper collection ...




I chose to use the argyle pattern and cut a piece 10 x 14 cm and adhered it to a white CS base. I then cut a 10.5 x 14 cm piece of white CS and cut it at 2 cm width and 5.5 cm width and adhered the panels over the patterned paper using foam adhesive as shown above. Before I adhered the larger section I stamped the 'Celebrate' sentiment from FONTiments - Birthday and 'Time to' from Time. I also stamped the pocket watch image onto another patterned paper from the Classics collection and cut this out before adhering to the panel.

Before I go today I have one last thing to share with you all, it is my very first video showing you how to load & install brushes in Photoshop. I apologise for it in advance as I have never done a video before! I hope it helps & I did enjoy doing it so I might do some more in the near future! 






I hope you have enjoyed the reveal post today?! Don't forget to stop by the Design Team blogs Aimes, Gayatri & Kerry to see what they have been up to using the NEW digital releases. All the products you have seen are now available for purchase from the website HERE.

I will be back tomorrow with a few more projects to share, until then thanks for stopping by!
Hugs

7 comments:

  1. You really have an eye for a star - first Aimes and now Gayatri! I've loved seeing the samples Gayatri has been showcasing. Great new release too - particularly love those flowers and butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Welcome to Gayatri! I know she'll work wonders with your goodies :)
    Sorry my post had some technical hitches this morning - d'oh! I've hopefully fixed them now - yay!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Debby and Aimes :)
    Gorgeous digital goodies.Great release. I loved working with them on PS. Infact, discovered and learned a lot of techniques using PS and getting addicted to it lol! Thanks Bev! I am honoured to work for Uniko Studio and with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great release. I'll be purchasing at least two digis. Gayatri's work is incredible. You are fortunate to have her on your team. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING,AMAZING,AMAZING. Congratulations Bev. The brushes and papers are lovely and the tutorial was really clear and easy to follow meaning nobody should feel hesitant to have a go with the digital downloads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That's great news! Gayatri makes the most remarkable cards! I'm still working up to digis (tried some on the weekend, so I'm getting there!) and will be back to watch your video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Gayatri!!! Love these new digis...need to have those flowers and butterflies. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated