Thursday 16 February 2017

My Five Faves From Year 4 of Uniko

Hey!

Did you see Lindsey's Design Team Inspiration post from earlier today? It's one not to be missed and be sure to check it out HERE.

I'm back this evening with my next instalment of My Five Faves. If it's your first time visiting or you've been MIA for a few days, Uniko is celebrating their 5th Birthday. This means there has been 5 years of inspiration and I've been taking a wander down memory lane and choosing 5 favourite projects from each year. It's not as easy as it sounds! You can catch up on the others HERE, HERE and HERE.

Anyway, onto my first choice for today...




You can't have a celebration without balloons, right? This card is from February 2016, when I introduced Balloon Bash. I chose this card because of the simplicity and colours I have used. I love one layer cards too and they don't always turn out as good as this one (well, for me anyway!).




Ah, Pure Florals: Cosmos. Another firm favourite of mine and many! Another one layer card which turned out well and again a card using my favourite colour combo ;) This card uses the technique of adding ink to your stamp block, spritzing and then stamping it onto your card. Such a fun technique which produces different results each time.

Next I have another technique card...




This is such a fun way to use the negative part of a die cut that you would normally throw away. I also chose this card because of the happy roses from Flower Power #6 and Background Builders: Vines.

If you are unfamiliar with Uniko clear stamps, one thing I take into consideration A LOT when designing the stamps is 'how can they and will they coordinate with previously released clear stamp sets'. Having the same image in a larger or smaller size creates a wealth of possibilities and you can create pretty stamped backgrounds like I have on the card above!

My next card uses a combination of stamps, both of which I LOVE and that work so beautifully together like on this...




Beautiful Blooms II and Natures Treasures II a wonderful combination. I love this colour combo too, Baja Breeze, Lucky Limeade and Chocolate Chip.

Lastly, but by no means least I had to choose a I LOVE Coffee card, for all you coffee lovers out there...




This card shows how Uniko clear stamps can be paired with other companies stamps/products you may have in your stash. On this card I have used Stampin' Up! Grunge Grid BG stamp, why reinvent the wheel and all that?? 

Ok, so that wraps up day 4 of my five faves. If you want to check out more projects using these featured sets then take a look at the Pinterest pages via the links below...









Thanks for stopping by again today & I hope to see you tomorrow for my last five faves!
Hugs

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love the cas designs :) the coffee card is very pretty, i love the use of the background stamp in it, looks great. Such a cool way to use the negative of the die cut in the hello card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy see them all again! You made a lot beautiful cards! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What creativity throughout these years, it is simply fascinating! I love the idea of the stamp in large and small, it's downright magical! Thanks so much for sharing your techniques. I will have to review my Uniko wishlist! Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you've only managed to pick five cards! Love, love the coffee card. xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated