Monday 13 February 2017

My Five Faves From Year 2 of Uniko

Hey!

I'm back today with my five favourites from year 2 of Uniko, which is mainly 2013. This year I increased the amount of releases and found it even HARDER to choose five favourites. 

So many awesome clear stamp sets and Designer Dies were released this year, including the popular Background Builders: Round In Circles, Pure Florals: Chrysanthemum and Beautiful Blooms I. Series such as the All Occasion Sentiments and Flower Power clear stamp sets were also launched this year.

Anyway, here's what I chose and why...




Looking through the cards I made during this year, I used this lime green, black and white colour combination quite a few times. This card stood out to me because of this, but also because of the angle of the stamped background and overall layout of the card. The simple combination of two clear stamp sets, Background Builders: Round In Circles and All Occasion Sentiments #1 a few strips of card in different widths and a circle die makes for a fab masculine card! The sentiment could easily be switched to suit any occasion too. 




Those who know me well, know that I would choose a Pure Florals: Chrysanthemum card and one using my 'go to' trio of colours, well that is just too hard to resist! 

You can read all about this card and the meaning behind the Pure Florals: Chrysanthemum clear stamp set HERE.

Next I chose another 'happy' card...




This card uses my favourite trio of graphic flowers from the now retired Time clear stamp set. I think these flowers may just have to make a reappearance in some form ;) I've combined the graphic flowers with All Occasion Sentiments #2 a fabulous 'go to' sentiment set for large focal point birthday sentiments :)

My next two cards again will be no surprise to those who have followed me and Uniko for some time ;) Yep, snowflakes, I LOVE snowflakes!




This partial view of this first card uses Background Builders: Christmas (now retired) for the turquoise snowflake BG and the main sentiment and (favourite) trio of snowflakes is from Stunning Snowflakes.

Lastly I have another Christmas/Winter themed card. Again, I have chosen a partial close up view of the card as I want to focus on the snowflake designer die I have used. These dies debuted in 2013 and I am pleased to report they WILL be making a reappearance in the store again this year :) 




The green stamped snowflake is again from Stunning Snowflakes and is stamped inside a partial stamped label/frame from Label Love: Thank you. The sentiment from Label Love: Christmas and the strip of polka dots from Background Builders: Round In Circles.

All the cards I have showcased today along with many more, can be found on their Pinterest pages via the links below...










That's all I have to share with you today, be sure to pop back tomorrow, as we have a BUMPER filled day with a LOVELY Freebie too ;) Until then, thank you for stopping by today :)


7 comments:

  1. It must be tough picking only 5 favourites for each year. Happy to see you included your first card using the background builder set, since that's one of the sets that I purchased last night. Thanks for the free shipping!
    Also love the colour combo of your chrysanthemums. Must remember this combo, since I often struggle with combining colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards!! I imagine looking back at the blog archives can be so nostalgic :) the snowflakes are super pretty
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another array of inspired and inspiring cards, Bev! So enjoying your reminiscing and 'second helpings' of your beautiful cards!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you pick only five? I would think this would be hard. LOVE the cards you chose and the fun stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Loving your through the years review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can you do to only choose 5 cards? Another array of gorgeous cards Bev ! I'm so happy to have just ordered the Round in circles stamp sets, I'm sure I will use it a lot ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really enjoying the retrospective! I love the simple Hello card!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated