Friday 10 February 2017

Design Team Inspiration - Water Colours

Hello, it's Deborah here with you this morning, in another of our Design Team Inspiration series. I decided to have a play with my Brusho water colour crystals and try out different techniques with them. This is not a new technique as Sarah used them recently, but it's fun, so I thought it was worth another look. Here's a look at the final set of six cards:

 

I used water colour card for all the snowflake panels. I wiped over all the pieces of card with an anti static buddy.


I wanted to repeatedly stamp the same snowflakes on several water colour panels, so I used my MISIT, so easy! I heat embossed the snowflakes with white powder and then came the fun part. I sprinkled small amounts of Brusho crystals on the card and spritzed on some water.




The top row shows how the crystals react to one spray and then a couple more sprays of water. The bottom row shows how the green crystals actually contain so many other colours.


I used a couple of different methods to activate the crystals. On some of the card I simply spritzed water and allowed the crystals to activate. As you can see from the image above on the right hand side, you end up with patches of dark colour and swirling patterns. The two images on the left were created by wetting the card, adding crystals and using a broad brush to blend the colours. After the panels were dry I ran a wet paint brush across the top and allowed the paint to run down and create drip patterns.

To make the set I created two cards using the full panels, adding some detail to the sides with dies and stamped the bold sentiments at the bottom. For the next two cards I die cut shapes, stamped some more snowflakes on the cards and added greetings on the die cut panels. I finished off the set with some square cards, die cut panels and added the greetings to the card. As yet, I've not done the insides. I was inspired to create the snowflake cards by this week's challenge at Jingle Belles. Here's a close up of the corners of four of the cards:



Do drop back again soon. Hugs




5 comments:

  1. Looks like someone was having a lot of fun creating these cards. Thanks for the inspiration, Deborah, and for encouraging me to have another play with my Brushos this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vibrant cards!! Playing with pigment powders is always super fun, you never know what patterns will emerge and how they will move with water :) I love the look you have achieved here.
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Your backgrounds are so pretty and you've made them into fab cards. I love playing with these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful ! I'm so happy you made this post Deborah because today I received the Brushos I ordered and it's the perfect tutorial for a beginner in Brushos ! I love these blues ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME cards and loving the Brusho's you have inspired me to get them out tonight and have a play ;) Thank you so much for this fabulous inspiration. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated