Tuesday 14 February 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #210

Hey!

It's time for a new challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches. This month we have the lovely Jane as hostess and Jane has a wonderful sketch challenge HERE and seen below, to spark your creativity. 





Feel free to flip or rotate the sketch & don't forget to keep your creation CAS too ;)

This is what I came up with using the sketch...




I really couldn't decided what images to use on my card today, but seeing as it is Valentine's Day AND the fact that I needed a Valentine's card for hubby, I went with hearts and used Always & Forever clear stamp set. Normally, I try not to use retired Uniko clear stamp sets, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of hearts/love themed sets to chose from (must rectify that). 




I went with a classic red, white and grey colour scheme for my card and added in a polka dot panel, trying to keep the design masculine with a subtle geometric feel. I couldn't resist a little sparkle though and after stamping the heart in red ink, I then stamped it again with VersaMark ink and embossed with Crystal EP. Using a MISTI makes this a cinch ;)

Anyway, be sure to check out all the Design Team inspiration HERE on the CAS Colours & Sketches blog and I hope to see you in the gallery :) Challenge End Time: 6:00 p.m. Eastern U.S. time/11:00 p.m. London U.K. time Monday, January 20, 2017

Hugs
Supplies:-
Uniko Clear Stamps Always & Forever (Retired) and Background Builders: Round In Circles
Ink: Stampin' Up! Real Red, VersaMark and VersaFine Onyx Black
Card: Stampin' Up! Whisper White
Accessories: Stampin' Up! Real Red Enamel Dots and Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine. Foam Adhesive and MISTI tool.

8 comments:

  1. Sighhh...your Love card is wonderful, Bev! Your husband will adore it, as do I!
    Happy Valentine's Day to you, my friend!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna make cards like you when I grow up, Bev! this is so gorgeous! Your CAS style appeals to my heart!! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super use of the sketch, love that you've kept the middle element larger like the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glittery detail on the larger heart. I'm sure your husband loved the card. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the glittery heart and the red/grey combo. Overall, very classic and timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply so beautiful! Love all the sparkle on the heart. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this colour combination of red, white and grey with the added sparkle and the bakers twine this is CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The classic grey, red and white color combo definitely speaks "masculine" to me - even with all the sparkle! ;) I hope you and your hubby enjoyed a lovely Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated