Tuesday 7 February 2017

CAS Colours & Sketches #209

Hey!

A new month means a new hostess over at CAS Colours & Sketches. This month we have the lovely Jane as hostess and as usual we're starting with a color challenge HERE and seen below. When Jane was putting this scheme together, she was thinking of Valentine's Day. That doesn't mean you have to make a love themed card though. This colour scheme can be used for so many different occasions.




We've used Stampin' Up colour names for reference; however, you may use any companies' products for your cards as long as you match our colours as closely as possible. You may also use neutral colours (white, cream, kraft, brown, grey, or black) for card layers, sentiments, and image outlines. However, in order to be considered for our weekly winners, you must not use any other colours.

Don't forget to keep your creation CAS too ;)

This is what I came up with using the colours...




When I saw the colours I did think of Valentine's Day, but I also thought of roses too. I've been wanting to sit, create and join in on some challenges, but along with a little lack of mojo I have been busy preparing for the Uniko February Release and 5th Birthday celebrations this month ;)

So when I 'forced' myself to sit down and make a card I had to join in on the CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge seen HERE and below. I Love how CAS this sketch is :)




I opted to use Uniko's Flower Power #6 and Background Builders:Vines clear stamp sets as each set contains the same rose but differing in size. I could have done with a third 'middling' size rose but instead used some Sweet Sugarplum enamel dots - just as good!  




The sentiment is from Simply Said II and adhered using foam adhesive and the whole stamped panel again adhered with foam adhesive, so a whole lot of dimension going on!

Anyway, be sure to check out all the Design Team inspiration HERE on the CAS Colours & Sketches blog and I hope to see you in the gallery :) Challenge End Time: 6:00 p.m. Eastern U.S. time/11:00 p.m. London U.K. time Monday, January 13, 2017

Hugs
Supplies:-
Uniko Clear Stamps Flower Power #6, Background Builders: Vines and Simply Said II
Ink: Stampin' Up! Rose Red and VersaFine Onyx Black
Card: Stampin' Up! Whisper White
Accessories: Stampin' Up! Markers Cherry Cobbler and Sweet Sugarplum Enamel Dots

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love those roses and the colors used. Very classy.
    Cheers
    Preety

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Love the roses, perfect for the pinks I chose. CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am loving how you used the roses on this card. Totally amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, Bev! Great flowers and fun take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Bev! I love those little flowers and the enamel dots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you were able to incorporate the sketch and the colours in to one card. These colours remind me of roses too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Bev ! It is so delicate with these beautiful roses ! I especially love the CAS design you create, it's just awesome ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those roses are very cute. Very MackIntosh! Love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, Bev. Beautiful design and use of the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated