Thursday 3 November 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #198

Hey!

Oh my, how did we get to Thursday already?! This week has been one of 'those' weeks and all my good intentions on getting caught up and even ahead on things has gone astray! 

I knew the time would come when the beans would drop their afternoon sleep of 1-2 hours and this week is the week it has happened - NO! Plus to top it off (as if I am not worn out enough) they decided that they could climb out of the cots and so a transition into cot beds has come earlier than planned. Along with even MORE excited chaos at bedtime! 

So by the time they have both settled and gone to sleep this week I have been too tired and frazzled to do anything! Hence my lateness in my CC&S card today :(

Anyway, it is a new month and so we have a new hostess over at CAS Colours & Sketches. This month Patricia is our hostess and has kicked things off HERE with a beautiful Autumnal colour challenge.




This is what I came up with...




I have used a combination of Background Builders: Vines and Background Builders: Vines Winter Additions on my card today. This wasn't my first choice of clear stamp set to use, but the one I was after has seemed to of walked away from it's space on the shelf I think tiny bean hands may be the culprit there ;) so I opted for these instead and it all turned out better than expected.




I used the current Freshly Made Sketches layout seen HERE and below for my card design and it worked really well with the focal panel.




Ok, that's all from me for now, I hope I have inspired you to give these colours a go and join in on the challenge this week. Be sure to stop on over HERE and check out what the rest of the CAS Colours & Sketches DT have done using the colours and I hope to see you in the gallery.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Supplies:
Ink: SU! Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke
Card Stock: SU! Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie & Always Artichoke.
Accessories: Foam Adhesive

6 comments:

  1. I think this is gorgeous! I do like the vines you created and that layout is fabulous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty, fabuulous! And I know that feeling of disappointment when little ones drop their daytime nap - must be the only milestone we don't want to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Great use of the colors; love the strip of green (I can't tell if you put it behind the white or sponged it - but either way that bit of shadow is perfect)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!
    It is hard, when the little ones start skipping naps but still could use one. You could try having some "quiet" time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Those vines look amazing and what a great use of the colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the seasonal vines of ivy and pine! You rocked the color scheme, Bev!
    I hope the beans have settled into more of a routine by now so that you can catch a bit more rest yourself! Hang in there - you're doing a super job as mummy to your twins. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated