Thursday 27 October 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #197 & Design Team Call

Hey!

It's time for another challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches - YAY! This week is sketch week and we have another fun sketch HERE and seen below to inspire you...




I admit I struggled with this one at first, mainly because I was tired and feeling a little stress with things going wrong and breaking round the house - those housewife/mummy woes! 

Anyway, I finally found some inspiration and came up with this...




I started out by masking off a panel to stamp with various mehndi images from Marvellous Mehndi. I then used the current ColourQ Challenge colours seen HERE and below to selectively colour parts of the images in.




For the three elements on the sketch I was inspired by CC&S and Uniko DT member Jane's card HERE. I loved the enamel dots she used, so did the same but added a trio of a trio! They are Stampin' Up! Halloween Night enamel dots from the Autumn/Winter catalogue. The sentiment I used is from Strike A Pose! and I simply cut the film strip edging off and adhered it to the card using foam adhesive.




Before I go, CAS Colours & Sketches are looking for some new members to add to the Design Team in 2017! 

We (CAS Colours & Sketches) are dedicated to creating cards in the Clean and Simple style, alternating between colour challenges and sketch challenges.  If you would like to be considered for a position on our team, you will need to participate in this week's colour challenge and next week's sketch challenge so that we can see your work in both types of challenges.  Please add the letters "DT" after your name when you link your cards for the two challenges, and make sure that your cards follow our Challenge Rules.  Applicants will be contacted during the month of November, and our new members will start on the team in December.

Ok, that's all from me for now, I hope I have inspired you to give these colours a go and join in on the challenge this week. Be sure to stop on over HERE and check out what the rest of the CAS Colours & Sketches DT have done using the colours and I hope to see you in the gallery.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Marvellous Mehndi and Strike A Pose!
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Card Stock: SU! Whisper White
Accessories: Foam Adhesive, SU! Markers Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Elegant Eggplant. SU! Halloween Night Enamel Dots

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Bev! So ethnic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? That is stamped?! I totally thought that was pattern paper! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a super sketch and I do like the way you've used the colours too. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job combining the sketch and the colors. Your card has a terrific autumnal vibe!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated