Thursday 6 October 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #194

Hey!

It's a new month over at CAS Colours & Sketches and we have a new hostess Liz. Liz has some fabulous challenges for us too. To start things off Liz has come up with this lovely colour combo HERE and seen below for you to try...




I started out by making this card using the NEW Marvellous Mehndi clear stamp set...




This image is perfect to use with ANY colour combo you can dream of and colouring is such a fun way to relax and forget about the troubles of the day.




I simply stamped the image in VersaFine Onyx Black ink and coloured them with the trio of colours. However, I did substitute the Emerald Envy for Garden Green as I don't have the new markers yet!

After I had created this card and I have kept it as CAS as possible, I thought it still a little busy so went on to make this card...




Again I have used a NEW Uniko Release clear stamp set! This time Originally Organic, which was also perfect for the colour combo.

Again I kept the design simple, stamping the stem and leaves in Garden Green, the two step stamp flowers in Melon Mambo and adding a tiny splash of Tempting Turquoise in the dots and along the focal edge. The sentiment is from the previously released Simply Said set.




Ok, that's all from me for now, I hope I have inspired you to give these colours a go and join in on the challenge this week. Be sure to stop on over HERE and check out what the rest of the CAS Colours & Sketches DT have done using the colours and I hope to see you in the gallery.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Supplies:
Ink: SU! Garden Green, Melon Mambo & Tempting Turquoise
Card Stock: SU! Whisper White
Accessories: Foam Adhesive

6 comments:

  1. Love this colors !!!!!
    Great stamp to !

    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the folksy feel of these with those pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! Love the second one - great layout, and sophisticated style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cards! Love the color combo! Looks fab on the Marvelous Mehndi design, and the simplicity of the floral image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very pretty cards, I can see that you had fun colouring! I really like the way you have just one side of the square with a tempting turquoise border on the second card, it's really unexpected and classy. Beautifully CAS. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two terrific cards! I especially like the mostly white-on-white look of the floral one.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated