Thursday 9 June 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #177

Hey!

I'm here today with my CAS Colours & Sketches DT card for this weeks challenge. Excited again, as I am hosting the challenges over there this month, which means I have picked the colour combinations and designed the sketches for you to use and hopefully inspire you to create and play along :)

This week HERE is sketch week and this is the sketch I came up with...




A fun and super simple sketch (well I think so), plus I have not restricted you on 'having' to use a tag on your card or a star, leaving plenty of scope for interpretation :)

Anyway, this is what I have come up with...




This card shows you a HUGE sneaky peek at a couple of NEW clear stamp sets being released on Saturday at Uniko ;) I just couldn't resist inking them up for todays sketch and when I saw the current colours over at Color Throwdown HERE and seen below it made me think of a Hawaiian shirt!




The tropical trend is BIG right now and I couldn't resist jumping on the bandwagon for this one! Having got married in Hawaii (nearly 3 years ago now), it brings back lots of lovely memories :)




I used a trio of WPlus9 inks on my card, Bloomsberry, Sweet Gelato and Sweet Nectar. I also added a good helping of clear Wink Of Stella to the Hibiscus flowers and a sentiment also from one of the sets. 

Ok, that's about all from me just now, I have a few more cards to make using these NEW Uniko stamps for my class on Saturday at The Paperlane (still a couple of places left for the class) and then I am going to enjoy some sunshine in the garden while I am bean free for the afternoon ;)

Be sure to check out the CC&S Design Team inspiration HERE and I hope to see you in the gallery too this week! 

Thanks for stopping by :)


13 comments:

  1. Love, love this card! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, a Uniko Hibiscus! Fab card in gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Bev...love the colours...I see you are tempting us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! And an enormous sneaky peek at Saturday's release!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour combo, a very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a great sketch Bev! And to combine it with the colours for CTD makes it look so perfect! Hope you have a fun weekend planned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Bev! Love the flowers and how you used them in the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous CAS card, so fresh and beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect CAS and absolutely stunning!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this wonderful sketch! And your card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your fun tropical take on the sketch and the colors! It's a great sketch - thanks for designing it for our CC&S challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great sketch Bev, and I love your take on it. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated