Monday 23 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 23



Hey!

So,  I am almost ready for Christmas now, just the last few trimmings to be done and a little bit of baking tonight. I'm looking forward to a much needed rest & few days off with my husband :) As it is out first Christmas as a married couple I wanted to make it a little more special and put a little more effort into the decorations this year. Also we tend only to buy each other little gifts that often look lost under the tree so I decided to dust my sewing machine off and make us some stockings to hang on the fireplace...




They were really quite simple to make and I'm rather chuffed with myself as I didn't use a pattern, I just made it up as I went along!




To add a little Uniko Studio to them I added a felt snowflakes, a pre made ribbon bow and a trio of jingle bells. I was going to personalise them with our names but didn't get round to doing it, maybe next year!




That's all from me today, I'm off to the kitchen to bake a yummy chocolate cake & some gingerbread dinosaurs (Mr Brown's choice!). Then it's a cozy night in & a movie or two! Thanks for stopping by today, I'll be back tomorrow with more to share :)

5 comments:

  1. You have been a busy girl Beverley - I hope Santa fills those stockings! I wish you and your husband a wonderful first Christmas as a married couple, and may 2014 bring you both all that you wish for. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the stockings! Merry Christmas and thank you for all the inspiration you and your blog provide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After all the busy-ness, your break is more than well-deserved! Your stockings are fabulous and I love that you're creating some "married couple" traditions. That's one of my goals for this year; because we're at one set of parents or another's, we haven't yet created our 'own' traditions. Perhaps it's time! Enjoy your cake, cookies (gingerbread dinosaurs? Recipe and photos, please??), and movies! If you haven't seen the Sherlock series: highly recommended!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have a wonderful 1st Christmas as Mr and Mrs !!! Your sewing skills speak for themselves......fabulous stockings beautifully decorated. have a happy and healthy 2014 Beverley :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stockings. It would be a great idea for hubby and I as there's just the two of us.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated