Friday 12 April 2013

Circular Angles...?

WOWzers!

What a day yesterday was! 

Did you all enjoy the Release Day Blog Hop? I sure did, my Design Team and April's Guest Designer Taheerah ROCKED this release. If you missed the fun yesterday, you can catch up on the blog hop HERE. There is still time to comment and be in the chance of winning the grand prize!

Thank you to everyone who took the time to stop by the blog yesterday, commented and hopped along with us and placed orders. Your following, support & custom is truly appreciated. 

So, with all the excitement yesterday I didn't get much time to ink my stamps up but I did squeeze in half an hour last night to make this one...




I saw the new CAS(E) this Sketch! layout below & HERE and instantly my brain thought Background Builders: Round In Circles! At first I had a tough time choosing which stamp to use but decided on the open polka dot. I'd also seen the new The Play Date Cafe challenge colours seen below & HERE and instantly had to use them as they are 3 SU! 2011-2013 In Colours which I LOVE! 






I didn't use the NEW BRIGHT Butterflies Designer Dies on any projects yesterday *gasp* so decided they should be used today on this card for the focal element. I'm addicted to layering them with vellum to soften the colour below. I also decided it needed some more circle elements so mounted the die cut  layered butterfly onto a layered circle die cut stamped with the 'grunge' circles from Background Builders: Round In Circles. The sentiment is from Flower Power #1...




I've one more card to share with you today which I made a while back...




This card is featured on the reverse of the Pure Florals: Chrysanthemum clear stamp set! I used the Rock 'n' Roll technique to create the ombre yellow/orange effect to the large solid flower in the stamp set. 




I hope you've enjoyed todays projects, I'll be back tomorrow with more to share. Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies

Sending Hugs
Card Stock: WPlus9 White
Ink: SU! Island Indigo, Calypso Coral & Pool Party. VersaFine Onyx Black
Accessories: SU! Vellum, Uniko Studio Designer Dies BRIGHT Butterflies, Rhinestones


Best Wishes
Card Stock: WPlus9 White, PTI Summer Sunrise
Ink: SU! Pumpkin Pie, PTI Summer Sunrise
Stamps: Uniko Studio Pure Florals: Chrysanthemum
Accessories: PTI Summer Sunrise Satin Ribbon

8 comments:

  1. Fab cards Beverley, love the colours on the first one. Great idea for the vellum, will need to go raid my stash and see if I have any

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh you're on a roll Beverley! Love your challenge card which uses three of your images perfectly. Your second card is a stunner!!! The colours are full of sunshine and your velum stacked butterfly......got to try one. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards. Love the bright colours of the chrysanthemum. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Love the chrysanthemum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the echoing of the empty dots you've used in the bling on the butterfly. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I. LOVE. THESE. CARDS!!! All the elements you combined for the butterfly card are just PERFECT! I have been admiring the way you use the vellum and card stock to layer the butterflies. Such a great idea! And the rhinestones are a special added touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE the stamping on your first card. You used the colors perfectly! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! the teeny circles look so great. Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated