Friday 15 February 2013

Butterflies & Flowers

Hey!

Whoohooo for Friday! I hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday, if not hopefully todays cards will brighten your day.

My first card uses a Sizzlets Leaf Die I have for a while now but never used - oops! I made a decision this year that if I have supplies I don't use often or are still brand new, I have sell them. This leaf die is too lovely so I had to get it used! 




I used a 1 3/4" circle punch & PTI Limitless Layers die to create the 'flower' which was stamped with the flower trio from BRIGHT Butterflies. 

For my next card I paired BRIGHT Butterflies with Pure Florals: Gerbera which go together so well, even if I do say so myself! Haha! 




I started out by stamping one of the Gerbera flowers on a soft stone base card in grey ink. I then created a frame by trimming a rectangle out of smokey shadow card & used my ruler & craft knife to cut out a smaller rectangle. 

Todays cards feature LOTS of pink, as I was Pinspired! Pinspired is a NEW challenge blog HERE.  I LOVE Pinterest as there is SO much inspiration & ideas over there that when I found this challenge blog that combines Pinterest with the love of paper crafts I had to play along!

They are only onto challenge #3 and below is the current Pinspired picture and you can also join in HERE...




Ok, so that's all from me today. Until tomorrow, thanks for stopping by.
Hugs!
Supplies:

Simply the Best
Card Stock: PTI Hibiscus Burst, Hawaiian Shores. WPlus9 White
Ink: PTI Summer Sunrise. VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio BRIGHT Butterflies
Accessories: Sizzlets Leaf Die, PTI Limitless Layers Die, Foam Adhesive

Brighter Days
Card Stock: PTI Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow, Raspberry Fizz
Ink: PTI Raspberry Fizz. VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio Pure Florals: Gerbera, BRIGHT Butterflies
Accessories: PTI Double Ended Banner Die, Craft Knife

6 comments:

  1. Wow, both of these cards are just lovely! I am having a hard time picking which one I like the best. :) The patterned background you created with the flowers in the second card is just stunning.

    Thanks for playing along with Pinspired Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both BEAUTIFUL, Beverley!! I just love the color combos on each one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both bueaties Beverley! Thanks for the heads up on the new challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL...Both are just beautiful!!! Thank you so so much for giving Pinspired Challenges such a nice intro. Love how you were inspired by the Pin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of both cards-they are so pretty! Thanks for playing Pinspired Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Beverly - I especially like the second one - the frame idea is cool! Congratulations on your honorable mention at Pinspired!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated