Saturday 31 March 2012

Warning ... You May Need Sunglasses!

Hey!

I'm not kidding on this blog title! I WARN you, you might need to bring out the sunnies for view this card! 

When I saw this weeks Tuesday Trigger on Moxie Fab World my heart went pitter patter! I love Orla Kiely's pattern designs, I bought her book Pattern for myself as a Christmas present last year. 

Just look at this picture ...




Now, I admit that the colours in the photo are not ones I reach for for cards or projects often but I though why not I'll have a go. The Orange tin at the top of the pile really catches my eye so I used that section of the picture to inspire my card below ... 

Are you ready ...




Now, while I was constructing this card I was thinking to myself, I'm not overly happy with how this is turning out! But now I have finished it & photographed it the result is growing on me! LOL! It's a really simple LO & uses up some more of my hoarded brads which is a bonus! 

I'll be back tomorrow with a more subtle colour scheme & card to share! 

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the orange, not a colour I have used a lot but when I do use it, it always makes me smile! This is gorgeous, a great CAS design, love the panels behind the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need a bit of orange in or lives!!!!!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beverley! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated